Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Where Am I From?

Where am I from? There is no single answer.
I am from the empty playhouse, the lost and forgotten dreams.
I am from summer sun on the carpet,the dirty dog on the couch.
From cloudy beaches and blinding ski slopes, from yard work in the rain.
I come from "times up" and "my turn" and from long days spent on a tractor.
From canned salmon on the window-sill and the now-flat ball in the mud
I am from the unseen arguments and entire evenings ruined by a single word.
From reading the same book again and again and the raging anger after everyone has gone to bed.
I am from the calm before the storm, knowning and fearing what it must weather before calm settles again.
I am from family.
I come from wherever the ripples are meeting and the flames are leaping.
I come from sadness, I come from joy.
I am.

-Miles V. 8th Grade

No comments:

Post a Comment