Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Who am I

I am from sparkly pink nail polish and high healed boots.
From the pale yellow house with a Japanese snowbell tree that smells sickening sweet in the summer.
I am from long summer days full of water fights and pea eating contests.
I am from loud family gatherings that seem to stretch on forever.
From Angela and Jorge the Alvarez-Palacios.
I am from the hour on Sunday spent looking up at hte cross on a wooden pew.
I am from Colombia full of rice and coffee.
I am from the photo albums in the upstairs closet that somehow always end up being shown to visiting family.
I am from days when I used to wear Hello Kitty slippers and Barbie headbands.
I am from staying up late to watch Mexican soap operas that never ever end.
From four leaf clovers hidden away rarely seen.
These are the moments that I am from.

-Juliana A. 8th Grade

No comments:

Post a Comment