Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Where I'm From

I am from Ipods and instruments, scattered everywhere, never being put away.
I am also from dirty sports socks and worn out club t-shirts, always having to advertise who I play for.
I am from "Get your practicing done!" and "Go get dressed for practice", and my never failing response, "just a second!"
I am from every "board" you can think of: long board, skate board, wave board, knee board, wake board; my siblings and I are from this.
I am from the tennis club in the summer, old houses, running couples in the morning ,and speeding teenagers in their new cars.
I am from funeral potatoes and monkey bread at family reunions with crazy Aunt Anne telling stories about when she was my age.
I am also from sparkling Cider and U-log at Grandmas house at Christmas time.
I am from the water at the lake house in the summer, never going tired of its relaxation.
I am also from hunting blackberries at the track, more than often coming home with thorns in my clothes.
I am from walking into any place and knowing at least four people, and hating the dire boredom I get whenever I'm alone.
I am from music constantly in my ears whenever the numb feeling of missed loved ones comes back, and not expressing emotion when I feel pain.
Most importantly, I am from never failing to be me :)
-Allie P. 8th Grade

No comments:

Post a Comment